Summer Fruit and Field Greens Salad with Effie's Nutcake Crusted Goat Cheese
- ¼ lb. mixed greens
- ½ c. fresh herbs sprigs (any mix of cilantro, mint, thyme)
- 1 nectarine thinly sliced (or substitute ½ c. pitted cherries, 2 sliced plums)
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz. goat cheese log, well chilled
- ½ pkg. Effie's Pecan Nutcakes coarsely ground
- 1 T. good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 T. extra virgin olive oil
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
Using a thin knife slice the goat cheese log into 8 even slices. Transfer the slices to the bowl with the crumbled Nutcakes and coat. Place the goat cheese rounds on a sheet pan or small sauté pan and bake for 5-8 minutes or until the goat cheese begins to melt.
In the meantime gently toss the greens, herbs, nectarine (or other summer fruits) and red onion in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Portion the greens mixture onto salad plates and top each with the warmed goat cheese. Sprinkle the salad with some of the Nutcake crumbs and serve.